- Brumm r104 Jaguar 3.5L (1948)
- Corgi 395-A-1 Fire Bug
- Corgi 425-A-1 Austin London Taxi
- Corgi 469 Routemaster Bus - Isle of Wight County Press Centenary 1884-1984
- Dinky 156-H-1 Saab 96
- Dinky 551-G-2 Open Trailer
- Oxford 76ASH002 Armstrong Siddeley Hurricane
- Solido1306 Peugeot 504 - Heller 1st Anniversary (1981)
- Trofeu Ford Sierra Cosworth - Lombard RAC Rally - #3 Stig Blomqvist
- UPS Presentation "Step-Thru" Van - UPS Customer Appreciation Night 1991
- Vanguards VA05806 Morris Minor - Metropolitan Traffic Police 75th Anniversary
- Manufacturer Histories
- Tips and Tricks
- Contact Us
Vanguards VA04405 Austin A60 Cambridge - Cardiff City Police - Ltd Edition
Click on any photo to see a larger version
This model is the Vanguards VA04405 Austin A60 Cambridge in the white livery of the Cardiff City Police.
This limited edition model has limited detailing and no opening parts. At the front there is a chromed grill and bumper. Below this is the number plate [KBO 506E]. The front lights are represented by clear crystal lenses and the indicators by tiny orange crystal lenses. Two chromed side mirrors are mounted on the front wings and two tiny photo-etched wipers grace the front windscreen. The sides carry a tampo printed body line moulding and photo-etched door handles are applied to all four doors. The roof has the obligatory blue roof light of the period. At the rear the rear lights are represented by red and orange panels inset into a chromed insert and the vehicle carries an "Austin Cambridge" badge tampo printed on the boot lid.
The interior is red plastic with a right hand drive black plastic steering wheel set into a tan dashboard and a chrome interior rear view mirror is fitted above the front windscreen. The glazing is clear all round.
All wheels have solid, one piece white hubs with separate chrome "hub caps" and black "rubber" tyres.
The base plate is black painted metal and is marked with "Vanguards" in the centre top and "Morris Oxford" and "Austin Cambridge" on two lines in the middle and "LLEDO" at the centre bottom. The base plate casting also has minimalist front and rear suspension system, driveshaft and differential and exhaust system. It is probably held in place with two hidden screws as there is no evidence of a rivets or screws on the base.
This model was issued circa 2005 and is #4408 of 5000 worldwide. Its scale is stated to be 1/43.