- AutoArt 55923 Mazda RX8 (1/43)
- Bang 1011 Mercedes Benz 300 SL "Gullwing" - Mille Miglia 1989 - Ltd Edition
- Bang 7082 Ford MK II - Le Mans 1966
- Corgi 384-A-1 Adams Bothers Probe 16
- Corgi 437-A-1 Chevrolet [General Motors] Van - Coca Cola
- Corgi C299/4 Ford Sierra 2.3L Ghia - RSAC Scottish Rally 1990
- Corgi C358 Ford Sierra 2.3L Ghia - Essex Police
- Dinky 670-G-1 Daimler Armoured Car
- Lesney Giftware - Souvenirs by Matchbox - Gun Bookends
- Solido 3304 Willys Jeep and Pump - Pompier - County Fire & Rescue Service (Fr)
- Solido 44xx Citroen C4F Van - Un Demi Siecle - B. Azema/EPA
- Trofeu Ford Sierra Cosworth - Portugal Touring Car Race Series - #25 Nuno Amorim
- Trofeu Ford Sierra Cosworth - Portugal Touring Car Race Series - #39 Antonio Rodrigues
- Vanguards MP1002 Mini Minor - Metropolitan Police Traffic Patrol 75th Anniversary - Ltd Edition
- Vanguards TP1002 Ford Sierra Cosworth & Land Rover Defender - Tayside Police Set - Decert Ltd Edition
- Vanguards VA02621 Hillman Imp - Renfrewshire & Bute Police - Ltd Edition
- Vanguards VA06611 Ford Transit Mk I Van - Amstelveen City Police - Ltd Edition
- Vanguards VA09902 Ford Sierra Sapphire 2.0 GLS - Metropolitan Police DPG - Ltd Edition
- Vanguards VA10407 Hillman Avenger - Garda, Mallow District Patrol Car - Ltd Edition
- Manufacturer Histories
- Tips and Tricks
- Contact Us
Matchbox M6-B-1 Racing Car Transporter - BP
Click on any photo to see a larger version...
This model is the Matchbox M6-B-1 Racing Car Transporter in green BP livery.
This model has no opening parts apart from the rear door ramp however, inside the rear doors is an operating "hydraulic" ramp that allows the vehicle to carry two racing cars. The two left hand side doors are fixed (cast lines on the body). The front has a silver painted bumper that is actually part of the base plate and a grill and cast headlights (also painted silver). Both sides carry decals with "Racing Transporter", "Le Mans, Sebring, Silverstone, Nurburgring" and "BP Racing Logo". The model sports clear glazing to the front windscreen and has two clear panels in the roof that allow you to look into the cab and the transporter rear.
The interior is white plastic with 2 rows of white plastic seats to represent the driver and passengers seating and a right hand steering wheel in white plastic is inserted in to the dashboard (instrument panel).
All wheels are of the "cast hub" type - one piece plastic hubs with a separate black plastic "rubber" tyre.
The base plate is silver painted metal and is marked with "Racing Car Transporter" on line 1, "Matchbox" Major Pack on the second line, "No. M-6" on the third line, "Made in England" on the fourth line and "by Lesney" on the fifth line in the centre of the baseplate. It is held in place with two machined rivets at the front and two small body locating lugs at the rear.
This model was issued in 1965 only as the Major Pack series was discontinued from 1966 and the most popular toys were incorporated into the "King Size" series (which were introduced in 1960) with new numbers. This model became the K-5-B in 1966.